An explanation...

Why Foob? I had a double mastectomy, and at the time, the plastic surgeon put "expanders" under the muscles in my chest. Every 2-3 weeks, they were filled with more saline, in preparation for my reconstructive surgery. They were very full and hard. Uncomfortable. One time, one of my sons gave me a hug and then said "Your foobs are hard!" Hee, hee, hee! My kids have this endearing habit of combining words. So, "Foobs" are fake boobs. Which I will still have, even after the reconstruction.

Foob Babe - that would be me!
"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." ~Mignon McLaughlin

TELL YOUR CANCER STORY

I'd love to help you tell your cancer story. Visit my business blog, contact me, and let's get started.
http://www.boundtobecherished.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Post Surgery Healing

It's been 4 days since my surgery. I finally took all the bandages off today. I have such a bad reaction to any kind of tape - the tape holding the gauze on was causing a red rash on my skin. Last time I had surgery, the steri strips stuck to my skin and all my skin came off when the doctor pulled the steri strips off. I was afraid that would happen again. So, now I'm just wearing a t-shirt over nothing. I hope it's ok. So, the girls (reconstructed nipples) seem to be doing ok. One is bigger than the other, though. That's a little disturbing. Also, one is a little bit higher than the other, so I look lop-sided. That's really disturbing. I hope after the swelling goes down and everything is healed, I'll look ok. So far, the recovery isn't too bad. I'm having some pain, but the Lortab takes care of that. I'm pretty worn out, but that happens with every surgery. I'll just take it easy and hopefully the healing will go fast and I'll feel better soon. I have one week from today before the cancer walk. Hope I feel well enough to walk that night. I'm going to bed now - I cleaned my bedroom and I'm really tired. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment