An explanation...

Why Foob? I had a double mastectomy, and at the time, the plastic surgeon put "expanders" under the muscles in my chest. Every 2-3 weeks, they were filled with more saline, in preparation for my reconstructive surgery. They were very full and hard. Uncomfortable. One time, one of my sons gave me a hug and then said "Your foobs are hard!" Hee, hee, hee! My kids have this endearing habit of combining words. So, "Foobs" are fake boobs. Which I will still have, even after the reconstruction.

Foob Babe - that would be me!
"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." ~Mignon McLaughlin

TELL YOUR CANCER STORY

I'd love to help you tell your cancer story. Visit my business blog, contact me, and let's get started.
http://www.boundtobecherished.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Beauty Remains

I've been thinking about a name for our new breast cancer support group. Maybe we can use the name I used for my group that walked in the cancer walk last August. I fell in love with this quote by Anne Frank, and used part of it for our name. The name was "The Beauty Remains". Here is Anne Frank's quote:

"I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains."

A few other quotes that use this same idea:

"...when the darkness sets in... true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"The pain passes, but the beauty remains." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

The more I think about it, the more I love this name. Wonder what everyone else will think? Here is the picture of the poster I made for our walk...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my "nose hairs" post. Bummer about those eyebrows, huh? Mine are pitiful too.

    ReplyDelete