An explanation...

Why Foob? I had a double mastectomy, and at the time, the plastic surgeon put "expanders" under the muscles in my chest. Every 2-3 weeks, they were filled with more saline, in preparation for my reconstructive surgery. They were very full and hard. Uncomfortable. One time, one of my sons gave me a hug and then said "Your foobs are hard!" Hee, hee, hee! My kids have this endearing habit of combining words. So, "Foobs" are fake boobs. Which I will still have, even after the reconstruction.

Foob Babe - that would be me!
"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." ~Mignon McLaughlin

TELL YOUR CANCER STORY

I'd love to help you tell your cancer story. Visit my business blog, contact me, and let's get started.
http://www.boundtobecherished.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Breast Cancer Blog

This morning I received an email from a friend of a friend who is going through her second round of breast cancer. She is a motivational speaker and has a wonderful blog www.learningfromlynn.blogspot.com. As I visited the blog and read through some of her posts, I was, once again, reminded of all of the incredible women I know. I'm so glad she emailed me. What a blessing it will be in my life to have this blog to read. The thing that stands out about Lynn's blog is that it is a motivational blog - it really is! It seems no matter what Lynn is going through, she makes sure to end her post with something motivational for the reader. I know that this breast cancer blog (mine) is much more a reality blog (not that hers isn't), and I can see now that I should start to put more helpful, supportive comments into my posts. Not only will that probably help my readers more, but it will give me those much needed happy thoughts.

I'll try harder to be more uplifting in my posts from now on. Thanks Lynn!

1 comment:

  1. Kara,
    I just sat down for a minute to check out your blog, thanks for your sweet comments. I too feel the need to share what I have gone through to help those women around me that may have to go through this disease. What is life for if we aren't here to help each other? I hope to meet some day and maybe we can combine our strength to continue to make a difference!
    Lynn Woodard

    ReplyDelete