An explanation...

Why Foob? I had a double mastectomy, and at the time, the plastic surgeon put "expanders" under the muscles in my chest. Every 2-3 weeks, they were filled with more saline, in preparation for my reconstructive surgery. They were very full and hard. Uncomfortable. One time, one of my sons gave me a hug and then said "Your foobs are hard!" Hee, hee, hee! My kids have this endearing habit of combining words. So, "Foobs" are fake boobs. Which I will still have, even after the reconstruction.

Foob Babe - that would be me!
"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." ~Mignon McLaughlin

TELL YOUR CANCER STORY

I'd love to help you tell your cancer story. Visit my business blog, contact me, and let's get started.
http://www.boundtobecherished.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Cancer Story

Yesterday, I started to put together my cancer story. I'm taking the blog posts I wrote here, adding whatever I missed, and putting them into a book. It's been quite awhile since I read the posts, and it was tough - reliving what happened almost 3 years ago. I'm glad that I wrote about my cancer journey. There are several things I didn't write about, and now I wish I would have. Over time, things fade, and it's hard to remember what happened. In a way, I think that's good - but I really don't want to forget it all, because I learned so many things during those 2 years.

I made it from July 2008 through to June 2009 yesterday. As soon as I'm done with the blog posts, I'll add pictures, and then it will be done. I'm toying with the idea of making comments throughout the book - from my point of view now.

Although it's tough to write my cancer story, it's important. Writing everything down is so therapeutic.

“Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those, who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, the melancholia, the panic fear, which is inherent in a human condition.” --Graham Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment