An explanation...

Why Foob? I had a double mastectomy, and at the time, the plastic surgeon put "expanders" under the muscles in my chest. Every 2-3 weeks, they were filled with more saline, in preparation for my reconstructive surgery. They were very full and hard. Uncomfortable. One time, one of my sons gave me a hug and then said "Your foobs are hard!" Hee, hee, hee! My kids have this endearing habit of combining words. So, "Foobs" are fake boobs. Which I will still have, even after the reconstruction.

Foob Babe - that would be me!
"The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next." ~Mignon McLaughlin

TELL YOUR CANCER STORY

I'd love to help you tell your cancer story. Visit my business blog, contact me, and let's get started.
http://www.boundtobecherished.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good Bye to Breast Cancer - Hello to Good Health

I've made a hard decision. I've decided to finish with this blog, and then stop posting. I've got a few more posts to do to finish up filling in the blanks (the time between my diagnosis and starting the blog), and then I think I'm done. This has been a hard decision for me - this blog has helped me through a very difficult time in my life. But, I really feel like I need to move on. I'm through with treatments, I'm through with surgeries. I'm through. And, I need to get into shape, and get healthy again. My body has been through such a lot, and I've gained weight, and I feel awful. But, I know that if I can start exercising, gain some muscle, lose some weight, and start feeling healthy, I can put this whole thing behind me.

I still want to support those who are going through breast cancer right now. I won't shut the blog down - there's some stuff here that will hopefully help someone - but I just won't really be posting new stuff. Right now I'm juggling about 6 blogs, and I need to cut back.

My cancer journey is over - my journey to good health is just beginning. It's a daunting task, but I know I can do it. I've started a new blog to track my journey back to good health - http://ourroadtohealthy.blogspot.com/
I'd love to have you visit. If you are embarking on the same journey as me right now, you can become a contributor on that blog. Just contact me and let me know. (nafari01@yahoo.com)

I hope that this blog has helped someone out there. Breast cancer is a monster that no one should have to deal with. Good luck, and take care.

1 comment:

  1. Kara all the best to you ... yes, it's time to put cancer behind you.

    ReplyDelete